Study of DS-1062a in Advanced or Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer With Actionable Genomic Alterations (TROPION-Lung05)
- for people ages 18 years and up (full criteria)
- at UCLA UCSD
- study startedestimated completion
This is a study of the efficacy, pharmacokinetics, and safety of DS-1062a in participants with advanced or metastatic non-small cell lung cancer (NSCLC) with known actionable genomic alterations.
Phase 2, Single-arm, Open-label Study of DS-1062a in Advanced or Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer With Actionable Genomic Alterations and Progressed on or After Kinase Inhibitor Therapy and Platinum Based Chemotherapy (TROPION-Lung05)
This study will evaluate DS-1062a 6.0 mg/kg in participants with advanced or metastatic NSCLC with actionable genomic alterations and who have been previously been treated with 1 or more kinase inhibitors and platinum-based chemotherapy. The study will be divided into 3 periods: Screening Period, Treatment Period, and Follow-up Period. The primary analysis of Objective Response Rate (ORR) by blinded Independent Central Review (BICR) will be conducted after all participants either have been followed for at least 9 months after the start of study treatment or have discontinued from the study, whichever occurs first.
Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer Advanced Metastatic Non-small Cell Lung Cancer DS-1062a Lung Neoplasms Carcinoma, Non-Small-Cell Lung
You can join if…
Open to people ages 18 years and up
Participants eligible for inclusion in the study must meet all inclusion criteria for this study.
- Sign and date the inform consent form (ICF) prior to the start of any study- specific qualification procedures.
- Adults ≥18 years (if the legal age of consent is >18 years old, then follow local regulatory requirements)
- Has pathologically documented NSCLC that:
- Has stage IIIB or stage IV NSCLC disease at the time of enrollment (based on the American Joint Committee on Cancer, Eighth Edition).
- Has one or more of the following documented activating genomic alterations: EGFR, ALK, ROS1, NTRK, BRAF, MET exon 14 skipping, or RET.
Overexpression of any of the above, in the absence of activating mutations, is NOT sufficient for enrollment
Participants with EGFR genomic alterations should be evaluated for the presence of EGFR T790M mutation after relapse/progression on/after the most recent anti-EGFR TKI, unless already known to carry this mutation. Participants with EGFR mutations (regardless of T790M status) should comprise no less than 40% and no more than 50% of participants by the conclusion of study enrollment.
- Has documentation of radiographic disease progression while on or after receiving the most recent treatment regimen for advanced or metastatic NSCLC.
- Participant must meet at least the following for advanced or metastatic NSCLC:
- Has progressed on or after at least one kinase inhibitor as specified in the study protocol
- Has progressed on or after at least 1 regimen of platinum-based chemotherapy
Up to 4 prior lines of therapy are allowed to be eligible for this study
- Willing and able to undergo a mandatory pre-treatment tumor biopsy
- Measurable disease based on local imaging assessment using RECIST v1.1.
- Eastern Cooperative Oncology Group performance status (ECOG PS) of 0 - 1 at screening.
You CAN'T join if...
Participants meeting any exclusion criteria for this study will be excluded from this study.
- Has spinal cord compression or clinically active central nervous system metastases, defined as untreated and symptomatic, or requiring therapy with corticosteroids or anticonvulsants to control associated symptoms. Participants with clinically inactive brain metastases may be included in the study.
- Has leptomeningeal carcinomatosis.
- Has prior treatment with:
- Any agent including antibody drug conjugate (ADC) containing a chemotherapeutic agent targeting topoisomerase I.
- TROP2-targeted therapy.
- Uncontrolled or significant cardiovascular disease:
- History of myocardial infarction within 6 months prior to Cycle 1 Day 1.
- History of uncontrolled angina pectoris within 6 months prior to Cycle 1 Day 1.
- Symptomatic congestive heart failure (CHF) (New York Heart Association Class II to IV) at screening. Participants with a history of Class II to IV CHF prior to screening must have returned to Class I CHF and have LVEF ≥50% (by either an ECHO or MUGA scan within 28 days of Cycle 1 Day 1) in order to be eligible.
- History of serious cardiac arrhythmia requiring treatment.
- LVEF <50% or institutional lower limit of normal by ECHO or MUGA scan.
- Uncontrolled hypertension (resting systolic blood pressure >180 mmHg or diastolic blood pressure >110 mmHg).
- Has a history of (non-infectious) interstitial lung disease (ILD)/pneumonitis that required steroids, has current ILD/pneumonitis, or where suspected ILD/pneumonitis cannot be ruled out by imaging at screening.
- Clinically severe pulmonary compromise resulting from intercurrent pulmonary illnesses
- Clinically significant corneal disease.
- Has other primary malignancies, except adequately resected non-melanoma skin cancer, curatively treated in situ disease, or other solid tumors curatively treated, with no evidence of disease for ≥3 years.
- University of California San Diego
not yet accepting patients
La Jolla California 92093 United States
accepting new patients
Santa Monica California 90404 United States
- Cedars Sinai Comp Cancer Center
not yet accepting patients
Los Angeles California 90048 United States
- accepting new patients
- Start Date
- Completion Date
- Daiichi Sankyo, Inc.
- Phase 2
- Study Type
- Last Updated